View Single Post
Old April 7, 2012, 01:16 PM   #66
Claude Clay

in the real world the very last thing you want to do is fire a bullet into another person. but we practice just that---and doing it fast cause in the real world events may be out of our hands. all that one does to anticipate, being aware, deseculating....whatever...it has all failed and you must use the gun.

so it may be an event which unfolds over time resulting in your having to draw...well, why do you not have a j-frame in your offside vest or coat pocket and it has your hand on it and it is already pointed at the BG's belly, crotch area. draw time is -0-
i am going to carry to defend against those who are conspiring to cause me grave harm-- than i am not playing a game of how fast i can draw, rather how fast i can disengage.

im calm cause concealed im in control, though he does not know it. perhaps than i may let my cover garment open enough to expose my strong side gun to him. his reaction is (up to now has been) to leave. if it is anything otherwise he will discover my weak hand.

in practice and training , from concealment to 1st shot under 2 seconds is competent; getting in under 1.5 seconds is very good. the timer is useful to measure your improvements. and lets you know when you are approaching as good as you get.

but having some throw down money and knowing how fast you can run is useful also.
useful and potentially a lot less expensive than the court costs a fired bullet may incur

Make a fire for a man and you warm him for the night
Light him on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 8 queries