View Single Post
Old May 27, 2011, 08:07 AM   #187
Sevens

Quote:
I am bringing this thread forward. I am a FAN of all things .32, I recently purchased a MARLIN COWBOY 1894 in .32 magnum and sent it off to be converted to .327 federal. I will keep you updated on the process.
Very cool, Jason. Please do keep us up to date on the process. Matter of fact, it might be a good idea to start a new thread on your idea & new rifle in the rifle forum, then link to that thread with a post here. Very cool. Many folks have asked for a .327 lever gun.

Now, getting to revolvers, S&W is absoluting goofing up by not offering a K or L frame in this caliber. I own a bunch of single sixes but the conversion cost is crazy. With the Rugers, the redhawk, blackhawk, or GP100 is to large to carry. As said before, with those sizes and weights you might as well have a .357 or larger.
Not sure if you scanned the whole thread or not but we all agree that S&W is nutbar... they've been that way on MANY decisions, if you ask me. Poster Hammer It has found the best solution, modifying the hard-to-find Model 16-4 which was made for the .32 H&R and has enough cylinder length to pull it off. Sadly, the Ruger Single Six guns also chambered in .32 H&R do not have the cylinder length... so a conversion would be more than expensive, it would be more like re-designing the revolver rather than converting it.

Page generated in 0.02566 seconds with 8 queries