View Single Post
Old August 31, 2009, 02:57 PM   #1
KLRANGL

Constructing a suppressor for a non-firarm application

Not strictly firearms related, but NFA related. And all the airgun forums I frequent have a strict "no suppressor" talk policy.

So I want to build a functional suppressor for an air rifle (rudimentary baffles), and I do not want to go through the pains and money to have it NFA registered. From my understanding of the games of airsoft and paintball, functional suppressors can legally be used as long as they are permanently affixed to the barrel, and henceforth cannot be mounted to any real firearms.
My plan, therefore, is to build a suppressor with the body permanently affixed to a barrel, with removable baffles for cleaning and modification as necessary.
I just wanted to get your legal opinion on all of this, since I will effectively be "constructing a suppressor." If there is that big a legal gray area here, I will probably go spend the 15min with a firearms lawyer, but I wanted some advice from the educated among you first And bear in mind that I have no intention of doing anything that would be considered illegal, so try not to get worked up if you think this is a bad ideal...

Page generated in 0.02639 seconds with 8 queries