View Single Post
Old May 30, 2002, 04:01 PM   #3
Bartholomew Roberts

I own a Hi-Power and a Glock 26. I've also shot the Glock 34 in IDPA-style competition.

More than anything I'd say it is a matter of personal preference. If you like your Glock right now, then I would stay with the 34.

I prefer the Hi-Power myself and that is what I carry. The Glock 26 is an excellent gun; but I am just more comfortable with the Hi-Power. I like both guns but I have a real hard time transitioning between them.

The main things I like about the Glocks are the short trigger reset, tennifer-treated steel and I don't sweat banging them up as much. One thing that drives me nuts with Glocks is that my strong hand thumb almost always ends up resting on top of the slide release and keeping it from locking the slide back (particularly if I am squeezing the pistol hard or preoccupied with other things as is common in IDPA scenarios).

With the Hi-Power, I like the smoother trigger, the almost negligible muzzle jump in rapid fire, and a much more ergonomic set of controls. The only downsides I have seen to it in IDPA are that the long trigger reset on the MkIII takes a bit of getting used too (especially if you are used to 1911s or Glocks) and the magazine disconnect can be a pain - although most people just remove it.

I'd definitely try and rent or borrow a Hi-Power so you can see if it fits your personal tastes first.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries