View Single Post
Old June 4, 2020, 01:29 PM   #19
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Regards the barrel. Early on, just a week or so into the tale, bamaboy was shooting the Tisas, had a squib,performed a tap/rack/bang, and followed the squib with another round, jugging the barrel and the splitting barrel bushing.
This is the result of a training issue I have been whining about for years. I understand the reasoning for teaching failure drills, and the rational about "this is what you do when people are shooting at you, so this is what you do in training".

I just don't agree with the way its taught. Because it is 180 degrees opposite what basic gun safety is. Teaching people to automatically "tap, rack, bang" is what caused the damage to that gun due to a squib.

As far as I'm concerned, ANY malfunction of the firearm or ammo means TRAINING IS OVER, right now! And so is shooting that gun until the malfunction has been determined and corrected.

I just have a problem with the idea of "do this when the gun doesn't fire" before even knowing WHY the gun didn't fire.

Just curious, is Bamaboy going to have to pay for the damage? Or is his instructor going to?? Because as I see it, both are responsible.

Page generated in 0.03489 seconds with 8 queries