View Single Post
Old April 19, 2019, 05:21 PM   #19
precision_shooter

“Every rifle I’ve ever owned outshot me”
If I ever hear someone say that I’ll be happy to tell them they either haven’t owned more than 2 rifles or they are the worst marksman in history and should hire someone to pull the trigger for them.

I’ve got an old 30-30 bolt action that is what I would call decently acceptable for accuracy. Though I’ve never really benched it for accuracy since it was a hunting rifle, it shoots 2-3” groups at 100 yards.
Then I have a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5 Creed that shoots so well it makes the 30-30 target look like it was hit with 12ga buckshot from about 5 yards away. The Tikka will routinely print 5 shots into .5” or less at 100 yards when I do my part.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Page generated in 0.03445 seconds with 8 queries