View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Alabama Shooter

I ask that you don't take this personally. I agree completely with your right to own whatever but some of your reasoning is... interesting.

Quote:
1. It is bad enough we are not trusted with full auto weapons like the Swiss are.
Sort of. Those rifles all belong to the government. All the full auto ones.

Quote:
3. One day terrorists will attack this country. Muslim extremists once owned and controlled the world (see Ottoman Empire) and those same extremists still dream of those days coming back. Americans think in terms of decades but the Muslim extremists think in terms of centuries. They are growing stronger and will show themselves here one day. Do we really want to disarm our citizens? Only the most short sighted politicians do not see this and judging by who is in Congress and the Senate there are way too many short sighted, self-serving politicians there. Terrorists and cartels are the same in they only care about themselves and their way of thinking which is basically , might makes right. They only understand what comes out of the muzzle of a gun, nothing else.
There are a lot of factual issues with this paragraph. That and painting with a broad brush to the point of bigotry. This country has been attacked by terrorists many times. Including lots of American Christian Terrorist.

Quote:
5. Too bad there were no armed and trained individuals when those "nut-jobs" attacked innocent people though I am sure if that were the case the press (the third estate, second to the king) would bury it on page 9. It is the press and stupidity that got Obama elected.
I am thinking if 26 people, mostly kids were murdered in a school that would not get buried.
Quote:
6. Any family with the history of being a slave, native American or any Jewish person (who else am I leaving out?) should remember the lessons of history. First thing Hitler did was outlaw the right of any person , except Nazis, from owning weapons. Think of how different it would have been if the Jews keep just one gun hidden and used it rather then be a total victim. Think of how it would have been if the British were able to take all of the muskets away from Americans, we would still be paying half of our income to the king, which is what we are doing now. Think how it may be one day if we have to pay 70 to 80 % of our income to pay for Obama's follies. I guess we were also lucky the British did not limit us to just 10 rounds because they thought that was "enough".
There are a lot of factual problems with this paragraph too. I find the 10 round comment amusing because there were no ten shot magazines back then and the fact that the British enacted a series of gun control measures that helped set off the Revolution.

Quote:
We did not stay the whole night and for most of the day I always wondered if they left us alone because they saw the HK91 leaning again my Jeep tire or they did not think my attractive wife was attractive.
Only you can judge that.

Quote:
8. I always feel a little more comfortable when hiking in the back country and running into a herd of wild pigs knowing I have a little more than 10 rounds in that HK91.
I don't know if you ever been pig hunting but I think you are confused about it at the very least.

Quote:
What other reasons do you all think is a reason NOT to be limited to a 10 round magazine or an assault rifle?
Because I want to. That is actually enough in a free country.

Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 8 queries