View Single Post
Old April 8, 2021, 09:24 AM   #7
USAF Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
When the subject of disc surgery comes up especially in the back makes me wonder if all the EDC owners realize how much damage is accumalated over time when carrying a heavy weapon each day every day with one heavy weight on one side? The imbalance on the skeleton system is extremely significant. Ounces DO matter. It is a gradual accumulative effect.

To the op, I would be sure that while shooting I did not experience any pain. If so, I would cease shooting that particular gun and move down to something lighter and less recoil and try that out. Pain should be your guide.

PS Glad to see you had a successful surgery and hope things work out for the best. Remember you do not want to put yourself back into yet another situation that is as bad or worse.

PS Did you receive any Post Therapy and given guidelines on how to strengthen surrounding muscles? And a ongoing routine of strength training and STRETCHING?
Also be careful of the small things you do not think about. Like your range bag which you carry. How heavy is that? Lighten the load as much as possible.
Do not sit with a wallet in your rear pocket.
Check out leg and hip length. Most people typically have one leg shorter than the other and possible on hip that is shorter.
Check out shoes. Do you pronate or over pronate? Proper shoes are significant and a improper shoe can cause all kinds of issue. Use inserts like heel lifts, or arch supports where needed.
Balance the load when carrying as much as possible.
Be Sport specific. In other words focus strength exercises to make the imbalances stronger. Shooting a gun around 1 lb. for instance require certain muscles. While raising the gun up one time seems insignificant, raisin it up 100 times is quite a difference. (2 boxes of ammo).
Yeah, I guess my biggest concern is having items in my arsenal that I love and may not be usable anymore. I have been removing the wallet and I definitely spending money on more comfortable shoes. I guess now I have to weigh how heavy of a rifle I can carry, at what caliber, to be able to enjoy hunting and shooting and not mess anything up.

Page generated in 0.02430 seconds with 8 queries