View Single Post
Old September 21, 2013, 03:02 PM   #48
Jim243

simonrichter, this is an old thread but I see you keep updating it.

While I totally agree that the current caliber has questionable usefulness, I don't see anyone changing any time soon. Even if they wanted to change, by the time the testing was done, production wouldn't start until 2015 and in the quantity in the RFI the actual pistol would not reach the field till 2016 (an election year) good luck on them spending the money then, so say you wouldn't see any change till 2018 in the field.

I could see a change maybe in 2020 with a pistol made to use a number of different calibers with only a barrel and mag change. Something along the lines of a 40 caliber that can accept a barrel for 9 mm, 357 Sig and of course the 40 S&W. That way existing supplies and stockpiles of ammo could be used up without having to change the pistol each time (only the barrel), I am sure that since the current mags for 40 S&W can also be used for 357 Sig (better than a 9 mm) someone will develop a mag that can be used for all three calibers so only a barrel change would be needed.

Personally I prefer the 45 Auto (ACP), but what do I know, and our friends in Europe would never go along with that.
Jim

PS: My personal choice would be a CZ 75 in 40 S&W with a conversion barrel for 357 Sig. Now that would rock. I already have one in 9 mm. And this one is already NATO approved for purchase.

Last edited by Jim243; September 21, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries