View Single Post
Old November 22, 2009, 01:37 AM   #7
okiefarmer

Thanks guys.

I had to go get cultured tonight. Wife took me to the local symphony. Now let me say this, the symphony stuff just don't melt my butter, but I have to also say I was in awe of the passion and talent on that stage. It was "request" night tonight, and the ending piece was the 1812 Overture with all the sparklers and bangs. We support it here financially, would hate to lose it, just don't have that much time to fit events between planting, fertilizing, spraying, harvesting, and fixing chit. I don't go to tractor pulls or monster truck races, don't do it for me either. If I have free time, I would rather be puttering in the garden or shooting turtles, snakes, or beer cans down at the pond. Now,ain't that a match.

Only got the disease the last few years. Started mainly as a way to conserve my stash of smokeless ammo. Bought a boatload of all the surplus ammo before it started drying up and skyrocketig in price. Just worked out that way. BP shooting can be nearly as expensive as some smokeless rounds, but the fact that half the fun is in loading and readying the piece, I shoot far less rounds and have just as much fun. I mould all my own RB and conicals now. Had my first chainfire recently, just one adjacent cylinder on an 1860 Army 44 I just got. Started using wander wads, but those dang things are almost 10 cents a piece. A piece of felt, holy cow.

BTW, can ya tell I'm a mizer, another name for cheapskate. Safety conscious, but money conscious too. I may try the Cream of wheat filler, but my cylinders are already pretty full, not much room in there for filler.

Didn't get much shooting in today. Rifle group was there and using a 10 minute- 10 round timed shoot on M-1 Garand open sight 100 yards targets. Rules are while range is safe, firearms must be laid on table. By the time range was hot again, and they went to shooting, it took me nearly the whole time to load and empty one pistol one time, then range safe again. Oh well. Still had fun and we solved some world political issues again while there.

Dunno if wife would let me continue to live with her Doc, if I had 15 BP pistols, but I did bring the 5 in just one or two at a time today to clean in the utility room basin. She is nearly like most of the public and everything is an AK-47. Thankfully she can't tell a '51 from a '60 or a '58, much less the caliber.

Thanks for all the help on here guys. It's a great habit.

Okie out

Page generated in 0.02591 seconds with 8 queries