View Single Post
Old August 14, 2017, 05:10 AM   #19
HiBC

Quote:
I quit Amazon some years ago after a year of their "free" $75 year shipping. That's not free shipping. That's $75/year shipping. Now I hear it's $99 (again, free. Believe what you want, I guess). And NOTHING ever arrived in the two days claimed. Nothing at all, ever, it was always at least three days, and more commonly a week or so, so I gave up on it.
Nothing personal,but if you gave up on them "some years ago" where would you get recent experience to base your testimony?
More comes with Prime than shipping,and the Prime makes SOME non-gun ,hard to find locally items practical to order. If I read Capstick or Ruark and have a wild hair for Biltong,I can order it with free shipping.
Shop however you like,but my Amazon Prime experiences have been good.
They tell you up front if shipping will take longer.
The way things are in my town,"going out to buy local" takes AT LEAST an hour. Traffic is stressful and a pain.Odds are good I will have to go to 2 or 3 stores to find what I want. If I want 12 stainless 10-32 pan head screws 1 1/2 in long,store # 3 may have 9 in stock for 80 cents each. I could order a box of 100 for less and be done. What is 2 hours in traffic worth? $10? More? I prefer the "Add to cart"
I've found them remarkably good at making delivery,sometimes its FedEx on Sunday.

Last edited by HiBC; August 14, 2017 at 05:17 AM.

Page generated in 0.05978 seconds with 8 queries