View Single Post
Old November 25, 2019, 12:21 PM   #28
P-990

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete2 View Post
I've never had an ejector break on a revolver. Never had the bottom fall out of a magazine on a revolver (3 times with semis). Never had a double feed with a revolver. Never had a jam with a factory load with a revolver. Never had a revolver throw the empty in my face. Nope, folks, the revolver is more reliable than the semi. I do have a couple semis that haven't malfunctioned so far but they will. It's nature of the beast.
AK103 beat me to responding with most of the revolver issues I've had. I'd also add I've never had a base-pin jump out of a semiautomatic pistol and tie up the cylinder mid-string.

Put enough rounds through any pistol, semi-automatic or revolver, and something is going to give eventually. My experience is that when my revolvers go down, they are generally out of action until I can bring tools into play. In contrast, a fail-to-feed or fail-to-eject in a semi-auto is just a brief inconvenience. If I know I may be pushing a lot of ammo downrange without a chance to stop and clean the pistol, my choice will be my Colt 1911 over my S&W revolvers.

Also, I frequently like to ask people who espouse the "simplicity" of a revolver if they've ever popped the side plate on a DA. The usual answer is NO, they have no idea what is under the hood of their "simple" revolver.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03608 seconds with 8 queries