View Single Post
Old November 5, 2011, 11:40 AM   #38
jason_iowa

I carry 3 o'clock. Galco owb holster. Its a full size 45 so it prints no one seems to notice. Only my nephew ever asked me what it was.

As far as their motives I assume it was just to roll an easy target and get some cash and a phone. Watch is nothing special 150ish bucks. No other jewelry. I had 1K in cash but there is no way they could have known that unless the check out girl relayed it to them. I mentioned that to the officer who took my statement. They were black guys. Maybe banger wannabes but not hard core by any means.

When I say they took my gun it may have been misleading. They asked for it and my permit and took possession of them and my license while they checked stuff out. Warrant checks on me and what not. I would have done the same in their position.

I understand my disposition of being a big fairly well trained guy my be a dangerous one its one judges look at. Not that the 280lbs is all muscle, 40lbs and 10 years ago maybe. Its something you have to consider. In this instance all that went through my mind was I'm being attacked from behind, I'm out numbered and no chance for escape.

One thing I will add to my training is shouting armed citizen because I really did not say anything other then *** after my crutch got kicked. I let Mr 45 speak for me. Since I no longer work as an LEO I trained myself not to shout stop, police. I really need to replace that impulse with something more useful.

Thanks for all the great feedback

Page generated in 0.02699 seconds with 8 queries