View Single Post
Old February 4, 2009, 07:50 PM   #45
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
To all you people who think that the OP had "no right to cripple the kids for touching his fence" - did you not read that they had left, AND WERE COMING BACK?! That shows CLEAR intent to do harm
I, for one, did not read that they were coming back. It was not there. However, if it were, I'm not at all sure it would justify "crippling" anyone.

Quote:
What the hell are people doing on these boards when someone tells them about a self-defense situation and all they can think to do is condemn him for it?
Self defense situation???? As I read it, this was a matter of simple trespass. No one was threatened with imminent death or bodily harm. In what way did the OP's actions constitute self defense?

I have not condemned the OP. However, I think he may well have been lucky in avoiding charges, and, I hope, in avoiding retribution.

I cannot put myself in the shoes of a violent person. However, I surmise that a person thwarted in trespass without injury would likely go away, and that one who has been injured may harbor a grudge, and possibly act on it.

Lanternlad, if you have a weapon, it would serve you well to become very informed on what you can do with it legally--before you ever have to produce it.

Page generated in 0.02425 seconds with 8 queries