View Single Post
Old November 17, 2004, 03:26 PM   #2
keens

78kitty...I would say that 12 inch groups at 50 yards is unacceptable for hunting...Just my opinion. My Ruger Redhawk with a 5.5 inch barrel will shoot 3 -4 inches at 50 yards with iron sights free standing...when I do my part. I need to try it one day with a solid rest...but I just have always practiced free standing or sitting since that is the way I will probably be hunting...and if I have a rest, so much the better (I rest my hands or wrists on the rest, not the gun). For me 50 yards is the max distance I will hunt with my .44 mag...I am quite sure the gun will suffice for greater distances, and many folks out there shoot MUCH better than me with a revolver and can go to 100 yards or more. Maybe try scoping it? Finally, If you have not done so already, clean the barrel very well...then try again...good luck.

Page generated in 0.03571 seconds with 8 queries