View Single Post
Old April 4, 2019, 11:12 AM   #10
Thomas Clarke

I am pleased to see the OP. After reading the case and dissent, it appears clear that the Seventh District followed the consistent direction of the majority of the District Courts findings on felony possession of firearms. Wisconsin has specific remedies for appeal through the AG. Those appeals are granted for non-violent felony possession and misdemeanor convictions. The reason Kanter lost was to my read anyway the fact that he is hardly non violent. He ripped off the taxpaying Americans some $25 Million Dollars and was subject to a 20 year sentence in prison. He is out now, has paid his fines and it was up to Wisconsin to decide to let him possess a gun. Wisconsin, along with a great many states, prefers to have a consistent rule with specific remedies. Kanter lost his simple appeal, Wisconsin and the Seventh District agreed that his appeal on behalf of all on the basis of Heller was not granted. After reading the dissent, I would suggest that Judge Barrett's reliance on Heller is not consistent with her colleagues. Her view that Medicare Fraud of $25 Million is not violent begs the case of what is. I for one support the Second Amendment and for thieves to pay the price for the rest of their lives. Not feeling that Judge Barrett is a good candidate to SCOTUS.

Page generated in 0.03299 seconds with 8 queries