View Single Post
Old February 7, 2015, 09:44 PM   #10
turkeestalker

Kimio, I actually own two of those as well that I bought sometime before the one I had the link to in my first response. I would not advise spending the money on them. They were only 50% as reliable as the other which put them well below par for being very usable. I bought one in .40 and one in .45 and both were about the same. Perhaps someone here had better luck, but I'm skeptical.

Quote:
You would be just as well off with an old Nintendo playing Duck Hunt. The only purpose I can see for them is at a range that trains virgin shooters
I can understand your perspective, but I do disagree. The one thing that it did for my better half is show her how she was actually pulling the pistol off mark with her trigger pull, very definitively. The laser would illuminate long enough to show an actual circle rather than a dot. She was able to adjust her grip and the amount of finger that she had on the trigger and correct the problem. She could have corrected it without the device, but the device proved to her what I was telling her that she was doing wrong. Me telling her didn't cut it, she had to see it for herself and then she accepted it. I don't know if that is a 'woman' thing, or due to being born and bred in the 'show me' state. I also believe that when it's functioning correctly, it very much helps a person to hone a shooting skill more fitting a real SD situation. One where you do not have the time and perhaps not even the motor skills or thought to actually look down your barrel and use your sights much less any laser grip or what not. That of course is only my opinion.

Last edited by turkeestalker; February 8, 2015 at 05:51 AM.

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 8 queries