View Single Post
Old December 3, 2005, 11:43 AM   #16
Derius_T

Springmom

Quote:
I would not be ABLE to physically engage ANYBODY. I'm disabled, and for ME, in THAT situation, I would have been in fear of my life. I wouldn't have POINTED IT AT HIM. I wouldn't have SHOT him. But I would have been in a position in which my gun, which is usually either IN MY PURSE or IN MY WAISTBAND UNDER MY TEE-SHIRT would NOT have been in deep concealment and essentially UNAVAILABLE. I said NOTHING about BRANDISHING, Darius. I said nothing about shouting ANYTHING. All I said was that I would have drawn my weapon, because if he had escalated, he would have done so before we could have MOVED, let alone REACTED.
I beg to differ. Your words were:

Quote:
I would have drawn. Because he was not showing a weapon I would not have fired, but I would have told him to get out (probably not that cleanly, either). He didn't need to be shot but you really didn't know that, and by the time this yahoo would have done something bad, you would have been at quite a disadvantage. What if he'd grabbed one of your kids? If you'd already drawn you'd have been able to shoot BEFORE HE SUCCEEDED; but as it was, you let HIM control the situation.
So you did say you would draw first, even though it was very clear he had no weapon. That immediately violates the law. You are in the wrong, in effect brandishing, and the law would nail you for it. Black and white, plain and simple.

And with your gun out, you would have ordered him to get out, probly not that cleanly either, which means you have drawn a gun, then exchanged harsh words. You felt the need to CONTROL the situation. You used your firearm to threaten, and exert your authority, to CONTROL a situation. This is strictly against all laws. You in effect, acted in a much more aggressive manner than he did. You drew a gun and started giving orders. You were in the wrong. Disabled or not. You seriously need to rethink your stance before you get yourself in trouble....

Page generated in 0.02299 seconds with 8 queries