View Single Post
Old January 10, 2019, 08:57 AM   #1
9ballbilly

1911 EDC one year later

In Dec. 2017 I picked up a Para Elite Commander 1911, partly so I was shooting the same platform as my son who got his first handgun (Ruger Nightwatchman commander), and partly in my quest to find a single platform/caliber I could be satisfied with.

This was my first foray into CC'ing a 1911 and the observations I've made during the last year may be worth sharing.

The first thing worth mentioning is that I carry OWB and concealment of a commander size 1911 is surprisingly easy, even here in the deep South. Cargo or jean shorts and a loose t-shirt are all that's needed, along with a good belt.

Some folks have voiced concerns about carrying a single-action pistol cocked and locked. Having carried this way almost daily throughout 2017 I can say that no issues presented. It's also worth noting that I'm a Southpaw and installed an ambi safety on the Para the same week I bought it.

Personally I didn't have any difficulty with the Para's weight, but being all steel I can see the benefit of choosing a lightweight model.

To sum up, I've got no qualms about beginning a second year EDC'ing the 1911 commander. This spring I may even be in the market for a Ruger lightweight version.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts on trying a 1911 for CCW.

Page generated in 0.02023 seconds with 8 queries