View Single Post
Old April 29, 2014, 01:09 PM   #17
dickttx

An old thread but just want to say thanks to bobotech for his post #6 above. I had saved it for the time I might need it, and that was today.
I first might say that I don't really pay attention to output. I very seldom do over 200/300 rounds in a day, and never more than 100 at a time. However, in loading 38 Super I have for some time had to push the shell plate a little to line up the case for primer seating.
Finally got tired of it this morning and went through my instructions. They were as clear as heavy mud, and the statements for the left and right pawls seemed to contradict each other. While looking on my computer for a copy of the current manual I ran across bobotech's posting above.
Even with that I first adjusted the screw the wrong way. But after correcting that I loaded about 75 rounds without a hitch.
My press is not yet two years old and I have loaded only about 15K but it had gradually been giving me more and more trouble.
I might add that I am pretty much a mechanical midget, but got the job done. I probably won't put up with it being out of adjustment in the future.
Thanks again.

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 8 queries