View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 03:17 PM   #95
lee n. field

Quote:
It'll be your only gun. You need to grab one and go. Which one would it be and why?
"Grab and go." Here come the blue helmets/floodwaters/whatever.

I answered that here, a couple years back, and I think my reasoning is still sound.

Quote:
IF the world's as it should be, all unicorns and rainbows, I'm set for life and my biggest handgun addressable problem is too many stray cats, err, squirrels, a Ruger .22 auto, long barrel, target sights.

IF "We're in Teh End Times!", and I have to survive a 7 year Great Tribbleation wandering through a blasted and mutating apocalyptic landscape with only what I managed to grab in my panicked flight, a Glock 19. It should last as long as I need it. I can scavenge ammo from my fallen enemies, as, surely, the Man 'o Sin's minions will favor the Euroweenie 9mm over the One True Cartridge delivered by the hand of St. JMB.
What's most interesting in the "what one gun" threads, is to observe folks' reasoning.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Page generated in 0.09657 seconds with 8 queries