View Single Post
Old April 23, 2012, 05:51 AM   #10
Mike38

Quote:
My guess is that it has more to do with the nature of the germanic engineer/designer who wants to keep slide velocity down to enhance service life and parts durability than it does with reloading.
I agree, but…..

I got into an argument (a friendly argument but an argument none-the-less) with a well respected and prominent member of this forum on this very topic. He told me that you can run the subject at the time semi auto without a recoil spring and it will have no ill effects on said pistol’s service life or parts durability. Of course, he is wrong, as wrong as wrong can be.

Want to ruin a perfectly good semi auto pistol by battering it to death? Then run it without a recoil spring, or with a grossly under weighted recoil spring and watch the service life and parts durability drop dramatically.

My point being, it’s funny how beliefs / opinions can be 180 degrees opposite of each other, yet both are accepted as fact. In the original poster’s case, his Walther and Glock have near perfectly tuned recoil springs and actions. His Witness obviously does not. His Walther and Glock will out last his Witness many times over. Yet there are people that would defend the ill tuned Witness with their dying breath. I guess it’s what makes life interesting?

Page generated in 0.03081 seconds with 8 queries