View Single Post
Old November 29, 2011, 10:06 AM   #2
kraigwy

I don't know how much they are asking for that rifle, but it appears to me to be an outstanding piece.

What people fail to understand, that all US Rifles, '03s M1s, carbines, 1911s were rebuilt at one time or other so they may or may not have mis-matched parts. In my opinion it doesn't matter.

Having said that, from what I can see from the pictures, it looks correct to me. You could go to the CMP forums to be sure.

Smith Corona Blued a lot of their parts and used stamping instead of machine parts.

I had been wanting a '03a3 and was holding back until CMP released this last lot. I got tired of waiting and found an excellent SC for $695 localily. I said screw it and bought th rifle. Thinking I paid too much.

Then the CMP did released what they had. Prices were a bit lower then what I paid, but looking and the rifles and discripition of rifles, I 'm glad I got the one I did.

Not condeming CMP, its just the supply of nice 1903s has dried up. Most of the ones they had were from Veteran Groups who used these for years in parades, funerals 'n such. They didn't take the best care of the rifles, they didn't need to, they served their purpose.

Looking at your pictures, and knowing how hard it was for me to find a "good" 03, I think I would go as high a $1000, maybe more from what I've seen out there after buying mine.

Maybe people in other locations have more to choose from, I don't know. But at the price of gas now days, one would have spent a lot in transportation chasing a good 1903a3.

Mine is an excellent shooter, I don't care about the collector value, I 'm not going to live that much longer to worry about it, I certainly wont sell it.

To make a long story short................BUY THE SUCKER
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03814 seconds with 8 queries