Thread: Trespassing v2
View Single Post
Old October 6, 2010, 10:52 AM   #44
Uncle Buck

Some very interesting opinions in this thread. I think I am in the minority, because I agree with the State Trooper.

I have rental houses and a big barn (garage) and a small farm, all located on the same piece of land that I live on.

If I have a vacant rental unit and I find out someone is inside of it with-out my permission, according to a lot of these opinions (and maybe even the law, the way some people are interpreting it) I have the right to shoot the person.

In my barn (garage) I have close to $50,000.00 worth of tools. If I catch someone inside of it...

On my farm I have cattle and other livestock. Rustling is still a problem here in Missouri. These cattle are part of my lively hood, so if I catch someone on the farm at night, or even the daytime...

It is very easy to say I would do this or that, but I know for a fact that using deadly force would be the very last resort and only if I felt threatened.

I have taken a life before and it is not a comfortable thing. I was justified, I was in danger and there was a very good chance I could have lost my life if I did not react the way I did.

My rental units could be repaired if they were damaged. My tools could be replaced if they were stolen and my cattle can be replaced if rustled. My family can not be replaced (although that crazy uncle, I wish I could find a replacement for him!) and if I thought their lives were in danger, I would do my utmost to protect them.

I would hope that everyone who post here understands that any situation in which you have to shoot someone is not a matter to be taken lightly.

Page generated in 0.02747 seconds with 8 queries