View Single Post
Old July 18, 2018, 02:02 PM   #27
stephen426

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat
As a note on his reload, one comment I read elsewhere pointed out how him switching the pistol to his left hand like he did seems a perfect example of doing a revolver reload. When I watched it with that in mind, it seemed to fit, and might be in part why he fumbled with the magazine. It made me wonder if the officer originally learned on revolvers or was taught by someone that had and he either defaulted to or did what is really a revolver reload with a semiauto.
I would chalk up the reload fumble to adrenaline. A high speed chase is bad enough, then you add bad guys shooting at you.

I think something we should remember is that being a police officer does not automatically make one a gun enthusiast. It is a tool that they have to carry and qualification is usually just once a year. I'm not sure if there are any departments that mandate a specific amount of practice. For officers who aren't gun enthusiasts, practice is probably a range session or two right before they have to re-qualify. This obviously does not apply to SWAT/SRT.

Page generated in 0.02158 seconds with 8 queries