View Single Post
Old January 21, 2009, 02:49 PM   #17
RainbowBob

Quote:
I think (me, not anybody else, so its MY opinion) that if people feel they MUST carry inside their house then its borderline paranoia. There I said it. Having a weapon thats "readily available" is different than having it on you at all times. What do you do in the shower? Are you constantly looking out the shower curtain for a BG? Also I really don't want to explain to my baby girl why her daddy wants to carry a gun in the house.
#18indycolts:
I understand what you are saying, and a few years ago I would probably have agreed with you. Particularly your concern about your baby girl.

But consider this: A gun that is readily available (and I mean really ready) can't be locked away some place unloaded. And you don't want a loaded, unlocked firearm in the house with small children.

If an individual makes the decision to have a ready firearm - there is nothing more ready than carrying - even in the house. There is also nothing safer (short of locking them away) around small children. When you are carrying the only loaded firearm in the house, you can be CERTAIN that curious hands are not going to find that loaded weapon in your nightstand or closet.

Page generated in 0.03038 seconds with 8 queries