View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 11:01 PM   #20
Hansam

Justplainpossum: Thank you for clarifying the details of the gun and the issue that is preventing you from shooting the gun properly. As for the hogs - I do apologize for questioning you but you have to understand that to hear someone being in such close proximity and NOT getting gored so far is well hard to believe.

Now about the gun. I don't own a Security Six but I have fired them. I find them to be of average size in the grip and distance to the trigger. The problem you have is that you've become scared of firing the gun when loaded with .357mag loads and nothing at all to do with the gun itself.

If I got the issue correctly when you shoot .38spl you're gripping the gun higher up on the grip and holding it properly when shooting and thus you have no issues reaching the trigger. When you load .357mag you're afraid of the gun's trigger guard striking your knuckles so you hold the gun lower down on the grip and as such increase the distance your finger has to bridge to get to the trigger.

The answer then is to learn how to shoot the gun with the proper grip and NOT be afraid of the gun. That revolver will serve you quite well in the event you needed to protect yourself from a hog - better than a .45acp would (and I LOVE the .45acp so that should say something.)

Here's a link to how to properly grip a revolver as instructed by one of the best revolver shooters alive - Jerry Miculek. I was looking for the video but I couldn't find it so this link will have to do.

Now you just have to practice practice practice. You don't need a new gun just a better grip.

Page generated in 0.03747 seconds with 8 queries