View Single Post
Old November 20, 2013, 10:51 AM   #13
F. Guffey

testing for pressure: On the internet, a format is used, questions start the same way and the rational for not being able to accomplish pressure testing proves 'it can not be done'.

Me? I have always thought if there was something in the chamber when the trigger was pulled it would be possible to determine the effect pressure had on the case.

AND THEN....? I realized there was something in the chamber when the trigger was pulled, 'THE CASE' the case is in the chamber when the trigger is pulled. I do not have the authority to give the case an exemption, when the trigger is pulled the case gets hammered.

I have tested receivers that I had been advised were suspect, one barrel, one bolt and 4 receivers. My methods were considered suspect. I used new cases. The receivers cost $25.00 each.

I measure before and again after, I have old shell holders that I use when testing the effect pressure has on case head upset. I can modify new shell holders, not a problem, it only works when I measure before and again after.

objective, I do not want to upset the case head, from the beginning there was a technique, the technique only worked if new cases were used.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries