View Single Post
Old August 4, 2020, 08:32 AM   #5
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay
I'm basically upgrading as funds allow. I don't think i'll get really technical, such as trigger replacement or swapping out the barrel just yet. I'm pretty new to the AR platform so i'm trying to research stuff as I go.
If you are on a budget, I'd recommend doing whichever activity with it you enjoy quite a bit before putting together a plan and budget for that plan. That may give you your own ideas about what should be improved and what works well already. It may also save you from having a box of parts you tried but didn't like.

YouTube is sort of dangerous of you are suggestible. Almost everything these people do looks fun, but the stuff they are "reviewing" may have little to do with their abilities to shoot quickly or accurately. Meandering through the vast number of parts available can be fun; I've done it, but I've also wasted a lot of money doing that.

My weakness is triggers. A bad trigger doesn't really impede accuracy as much as I imagine it does, but I consider it an imposition to suffer a lot of weight and grit. A good barrel is nice of you like small groups, and ordinary A2 iron sights should let you exploit good accuracy.

After trigger, barrel and sights, a lot of what you see on youtube is just preference and fashion. If the purpose of your butt stock is to provide contact with your shoulder and face, and mount a sling, the ubiquitous waffle stock does that. I've tried other pistol grips, but I still prefer the A2.

Last edited by zukiphile; August 4, 2020 at 09:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.02102 seconds with 8 queries