View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013, 03:01 PM   #3
BerdanSS

It is marked: Black Powder Only .50cal SPAIN EXPRESS. There is a bear engraved on both lock plates. I've wanted one of these since forever, a .50 double rifle has easily kept 2nd or 3rd place on my "most wanted, but probably never get" black powder guns list) for the last eight years.

Although I don't know much about them. The fit and finish on this one is superb, to say the least. The case hardening is flat out beautiful, the pictures simply cannot capture it. The bore in both barrels is mint, right barrel trigger is crisp, left breaks like a thin glass rod The wood is quite pretty and a higher grade than I would think to be expected of a CVA, not a speck of rust on it anywhere.

Does anyone else have one of these? What is a good load to start with? The twist is not marked visibly on the barrel, but it looks quite slow. I'm thinking round-ball, rather than bullets. It's musket cap ignition.

Did I mention she snagged it for $150 after a little "bartering", shes been watching me work at gun shows

Page generated in 0.02548 seconds with 8 queries