View Single Post
Old May 6, 2017, 06:36 AM   #27
Ibmikey

If carrying my Bodyguard, Sig P 238, Kimber Micro, P 938, Glock 42, S&W Shield or Mustang ( yeah I have all of them and more) I have the personal training and mental conditioning to carry the firearm in a safe manner. The Bodyguard with safety off can be placed in a loose pocket without keys, change etc. accompanying it, the " cocked and locked" pistols I carry in a IWB Kydex holster--- cross draw and it melts into obscurity when carrying yet the pistol is readily accessible.
I am not thirty years old any longer and therefore will carefully weigh the situation prior to resorting to the use of a firearm if given that opportunity. I have no intention to struggle with a younger person as I no longer have that capability (retired LE and have had my share of physically taking resistive individuals to secure quarters (jail ) and the moment a life is placed in danger the weapon can be deployed, not as a threat but for actual use.
I do everything in my power at this stage of life to not allow myself to be in a confrontational state but if forced by another I do not intend to be a "statistic" on a forum or in the local newspaper.
In thirty years of active service and another ten in a part time basis for a PD I did not find myself in a situation where there was no choice but to take a human life and at this point in time I doubt that will become an issue but if it does I do not plan to be unprepared.
Most of you folks carrying self protection weapons will never use them against a human, but if forced I hope you have the mental preparation to take a life if necessary.

Page generated in 0.03707 seconds with 8 queries