View Single Post
Old July 15, 2005, 09:12 PM   #10
sm

I am a bit fuzzy on the specifics, so members with the knowledge correct my errors.

IIRC Col. Cooper and folks were shooting one handed in IDPA, to practice/ train for combat with the handgun. I believe it was Chip McCormick or Michael Plaxco that showed up and using two hands out shot in time and accuracy.

I believe this in when the good Col. and others went to using two hands, and changed "doctrines" in using two hands in fighting.

One handed was still used, taught, and training incorporated transitons from two hands - to one hand, to transitons to weak hand. Using a BUG from Weak side and shooting one handed was also added.

I know Plaxco was the one that brought the compensator to the US. Plaxco is one helluva of a shooter, with anything. A real nice person, and great teacher.

Bill Wilson got into the mix with the two handed shooting, and naturally got into the Comp deal too.

I feel one should learn the correct basic fundamentals. Continue to practice these and the other tools in the toolbox.

--

"There are no advanced techniques, only advanced applications." -

Shooting from Within, Michael Plaxco

Page generated in 0.02220 seconds with 8 queries