View Single Post
Old January 7, 2020, 01:52 AM   #40
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
I got the idea someplace this thread was closed. Where did that come from?
I don't know. The thread history isn't showing that it was ever closed.
Quote:
Added: Can you define a "personal attack?"
It is common these days for people to fall into the mistake of believing that they are persecuted whenever they are contradicted, to paraphrase Ralph Waldo Emerson, but nothing could be farther from the truth. A personal attack is far different from simple disagreement.

We need to stay on topic (Rechambering Rounds & Bullet Setback) and refrain from trying to change the subject to discussing the people posting on this thread instead of discussing the topic.
Quote:
...how about several hours of contemplation on your handgun's feeding cycle...
I'm just geeky enough to have done that already. And with many different types of handguns. Although they do differ in terms of how they operate, it's most common for the bullet to be driven into the feed ramp by the slide during the feeding process. This is why copper marks are left on the feed ramp where the bullet nose hits, it is why Beretta put a steel insert in the polymer feed ramp of the PX4 to prevent damage to the polymer, it is one reason why some types of bullets don't feed well in some guns, it is why the slide hesitates in the slow motion video I posted, and it is why setback occurs.

Page generated in 0.02866 seconds with 8 queries