Thread: It SNOWED!!!!
View Single Post
Old January 16, 2011, 09:19 PM   #18
bamaranger

more snow hunts

The white stuff has lasted a week, and is still there on some sheltered and northern slopes. It gave an interesting window on deer travel patterns and after about 12-16 hours, seemed not to effect deer movement a bit.

Deer kill on the local WMA went up, the rut is further along, and all the shooters could no doubt see deer considerably better in the snow.

I have located a second spot to hunt on leased land and will likely dust off a carbine to do it. Not enough lanes and openings to thread an arrow w/o major clearing, which I do not want to do. Figure I can thread a bullet more easily 30-40 yds in either direction.

Bamaboy and I have made 2 hunts on a ROW just down the road, him w/ .243 and me as a coach and spotter, and have seen deer every trip, including a nice racked buck which he spotted first, but at a distance (300 plus) which I was not willing to let him try. And, he passed a shot tonight on does, due to bad light and possible obstructions (limbs). Proud of the guy, and I feel we'll get him one yet.

Two weeks left in the season, snow going fast. thanks for all replies.

Oh yeah, Gbro, the revolts long over, we're comrades and brothers now for what looks like several reasons.

Page generated in 0.03981 seconds with 8 queries