View Single Post
Old May 19, 2007, 04:06 PM   #1
douglasschuckert

Renting Nfa, Baby Yea!!!!!

Ok.. I've been in the NFA world for a long time now. From being ex-military to hosting NFA shoots on my land in Alabama... But I wanted to ask you guys out there some questions while I wait on the official responses from the BATF&E.

1. What limitations (legally) exist pertaining to the rental of NFA items. According to the published gun laws, the ATF says rentals are ok, but nothing else.

2. Can a C2 SOT make a Post-sample machine gun and then rent it out?

3. I know they're several ranges out there that rent NFA, but nowhere can I find if its legal to rent post-samples or if the only weapons you can rent are transferable...

4. I saw this one range out of TX that said you could rent a Glock 18c (obviously post-sample), but a couple weeks later when I went on their website, the Glock 18c was now listed as 'unavailable'.

5. If an SOT rents out NFA, does the actual rental have to be at the place of business or can it be like any other Type 1 rental and be allowed off campus?

i.e. My business is out of my home, but I want to offer a rental service and shoot at my club.

Neither the CFR, 922, nor USC state the particulars of renting out weapons, nor do any of them differentiate between NFA and T1 items pertaining to renting.

Any of you have any ider?

Doug

Page generated in 0.02864 seconds with 8 queries