View Single Post
Old June 12, 2009, 03:43 PM   #30
spacemanspiff

My shooting days are far and few between now, but back when I shot every weekend, I'd always have my K98 and pump some rounds through it, old surplus corrosive ammo, but I'd clean it religiously.

Until I caved in to my retardo roommates complaints about the smell of solvent and then I got lax. Eventually I moved out, and my new roommate offered to stash my guns in his safe when I was moving in. So I did, and forgot about it, until this last winter. I dug my beloved k98 out and discovered the barrel is pitted and dark.

Really wanted to kick myself for that, cause on the outside its a decent rifle, my first long gun I bought and I place its origin to 1936, IIRc. I went through at least 5,000 rounds with it.

Now its a wall hanger. I'll replace it with another shooter sometime in the future.

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries