Thread: Happy Days!!
View Single Post
Old February 2, 2006, 08:56 PM   #1
youp

Happy Days!!

I have a son who is an Iraqi veteran in the US Army. He is having a very hard time dealing with the stress and the VA run around associated with it. He loved to hunt and has a Mod 94 30-30 that he loved. It is an early post 64, so it really is not a fine piece by a long shot. He did earn the 125 dollars it cost, at the age of 14.

After he got back he wandered for awhile and ended eating my groceries again. This past fall he wanted nothing to do with guns, ever. This was a bit of a shock coming from a Yooper kid, you should really experience the total infra structure manning shut down that takes place up here during rifle deer season. After deer season we were cleaning guns and we brought the 94 down, he handled and cleaned it and stated that if he ever got back into hunting this would be the gun to do it with. Well old Santa himself brought John a set of dies, some bullets, brass, and RL-15. Santa likes Reloader series of powder. I just spent a couple of hours with John and my youngest in the basement setting up and loading a few test rounds of 30-30. We plan to touch them off on Saturday. I think he will come around.

I hope that this post may brighten your day. Mine is pretty good right now.

Page generated in 0.02129 seconds with 8 queries