View Single Post
Old July 31, 2014, 03:16 PM   #11
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL45
Lately, I have yearned to return to my first love, the .22LR. I have reached a point where, as of today, if I could only own one caliber, it would be a .22LR........Of course, I might have a relapse tomorrow and buy a big ol' magnum something or other. Gunowners are a fickle bunch.
I suppose it's possible that I'll come around, but I doubt it.

First, it would be "come around" and not "BACK around" because I've never had any love for .22LR. Yes, I started there but I never wanted to stay there, never loved (nor particularly even cared for) the cartridge and always wanted something better, faster, flatter, longer ranged.

Shooting a .22 bores me to tears. If it was my only choice, I would own one rifle for varmints when necessary and one handgun for defense and I'd most likely never shoot them "for fun" because I don't consider .22 to BE fun.

As it is now, I have one 525 round box of Federal .22 ammo that I've had for probably 3 years and it's still more than 1/2 full. The portion that's missing was shot 90% by my son. In that time, I have fired many hundreds of center-fire rifle and handgun rounds

Page generated in 0.04027 seconds with 8 queries