View Single Post
Old June 4, 2018, 08:41 AM   #23
MTT TL

Quote:
The laws that apply to gun owners don't apply to the Feds. I doubt he'll even get a reprimand from his supervisor, much less face any criminal charges.

....and I doubt the victim will receive any compensation for his injuries, either.
I am betting the victim has already hired a lawyer and will settle for no less than six figures. If it were a local or State Cop... seven. It is tougher to sue the Federals. It will never make it to a jury. A jury would make it rain money like they were getting paid themselves.

The agent may or may not face charges. Accidental shootings are tricky. Most often the shooter is not charged or no-billed by the Grand Jury, especially in a gun friendly state; if shown to be an accident. The video may actually help his case under Colorado Law. He can make a solid argument that it was an "accident" especially since it is unlikely he knew the victim.

According to Colorado Code:

Quote:
“Criminal negligence”.  A person acts with criminal negligence when, through a gross deviation from the standard of care that a reasonable person would exercise, he fails to perceive a substantial and unjustifiable risk that a result will occur or that a circumstance exists.
Doing back flips in the club while sauced might fit the bill; if that can be shown as the proximate cause of the injury.

I'd been interested in reading a decision several years from now if there ever is one.

Page generated in 0.03077 seconds with 8 queries