View Single Post
Old January 5, 2012, 06:19 PM   #1
Doug11606

Colt 1911 MK IV Series 80 45 ACP Versus Hi-Point

Some of you may remember my Hi-Point 45 ACP review. It drew allot of negative attention right from the start.
Today I purchased two colt MK IV series 80 1911's.
First the colt combat commander. Very attractive firearm & feels good in the hand. Somewhat smaller than the full size platform. My first 50 rounds I had 7failure to feeds & one stove pipe. I rotated between two different magazines loaded a different # of rounds and nothing made a difference. At that point I loaded the Colt Government model, same attractive look and feel as the commander. However the gun fired flawlessly. Both guns have fixed sights and were very accurate. I must say I love the look and feel of these classic guns, but as I found out they are just a susceptible to failure as my lower priced guns. My Hi-Point didn't even do as bad as the Colt. I paid six times the price for the Colt as I did the Hi-Point. Just as I fixed the Hi-Point and made it into in a very reliable firearm I plan to do the same with the Colt. I will post my findings at a later date.
"Note" I paid $1,800.00 for the two guns one is stainless the other Nickel. These were not beat up low priced guns. When I disassembled these guns there were no signs of wear whatsoever.

Page generated in 0.03256 seconds with 8 queries