View Single Post
Old May 26, 2011, 05:28 PM   #43
GM1967

I also like Cold Steel products. I browse their catalogs and website fairly often. Their advertising videos are both impressive and entertaining.

I own a few of their products....SRK knife, kukri machete, one of their 5" kitchen knives, a rubber training knife, and their warhammer. I find their stuff to be generally excellent, although not the be-all and end-all of knives. For example, I have a SOG Tigershark, somewhat comparable to the Cold Steel Trailmaster, and I am very satisfied with it -- it will do pretty much any job you could ask from a knife, including what you'd normally use a hatchet for.

I also like their polypropelene training swords, and may buy one or two of those in the future. Their steel swords are nice, but there are better swordmakers out there, and some CS swords are....not very historically accurate.

Overall though, I'd rate Cold Steel as a very good manufacturer. Many of their products would be hard to find elsewhere, especially at their level of quality.

The Cold Steel hate reminds me a lot of the Glock hate....or even the Taurus hate.

Page generated in 0.02838 seconds with 8 queries