View Single Post
Old July 8, 2021, 03:19 PM   #7
44 AMP
Staff

Suspension of rights and due process is allowed for in an emergency by our govt, However, where we wind up with disagreement and often serious disagreement is WHAT constitutes an emergency enough to warrant suspension of rights and due process, AND how long does that LAST???

when a authorized 30 day state of emergency turns over a year old, without additional authorization from the legislature it gets more than a little old.

In my state, the Governor went to the legislature and got the constitutionally mandated 30 days of executive authority. After that time limit passed, he was supposed to go back to the legislature and ask for more time, if needed.

He never did. He just kept on doing what he felt was right, without following the proper, legal, constitutional process.

As far as I know, no one legally took him to task over that, but I think they absolutely should have.

In the case of NY, how is the Governor going to define an "end point" for the so called emergency? I'm guessing he won't, and won't even bother trying.

My guess is that what ever authority he gets due to the "emergency" he won't willingly give back, Ever.

Page generated in 0.03134 seconds with 8 queries