View Single Post
Old March 1, 2011, 09:42 PM   #35
SCBondsman

The range on all that I have personally killed have been w- in 30 yards. We take our shotgun patterns seriously in the Lowcountry.

The longest I have seen killed was at 58 paces w- #4's. Didn't have a range finder on hand so we had to go old school and walk it out. My average "measuring" gait is between 2.8 - 3.2 feet. My boot sole print is right at 13" but doing the "heel to toe" DUI walk isn't (almost always not) conducive to measuring distance due to undergrowth, etc...

Feral pigs are considered a nuisance in our area and cost land owners and farmers significant monetary loss. Therefore, we put a bullet or shot into everyone we feel we can cleanly kill, so long as we aren't actively working a bird. I've had over 30 walk w- in 20 yards during turkey season and wished to put a bullet in their hide but turkeys come first, no need to "educate" the birds to shotgun blasts and turkey calls.

By the way, it is illegal to carry buckshot during turkey season in SC. Gotta work with what the law allows...

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 8 queries