View Single Post
Old March 9, 2010, 04:05 AM   #12
BillCA

The anti-gun groups are becoming increasingly marginalized with recent court decisions lifting the fog of propaganda on our rights. They know it and they are no doubt planning their strategy and propaganda for the next phase of their hatred.

I think that the history of these organizations shows that they will lie, distort, twist, obsfucate and even cheat with bogus studies to win support. These organizations are driven by fear and hatred of guns and twisted logic.

I don't expect them to stop. Already they're attacking ammuntion sales. At least one of their ilk has called for a an unconstitutional 200% tax on ammo. Their new plan is to stop "bulk sales" and eventually limit you to one box of ammo at a time.

I expect they will support increased EPA monitoring of "lead contamination" at ranges (indoor & out) to make it prohibitively expensive to operate them. Expect them to lobby for a broader definition of "prohibited person" to include things any failure-to-appear charges or even juvenille crimes.

The sad part is that they bandy about the term "common sense" without using it. Rather than punish the few criminals who misuse guns, they prefer to prevent everyone from using a gun. They'd rather see an elderly couple living in fear every day because they're defenseless than actually see the crime rates drop.

Page generated in 0.02605 seconds with 8 queries