View Single Post
Old January 15, 2020, 10:01 AM   #32
corneileous

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodfac View Post
Good advice from AFK.

I make my own holsters according to use, and have intended to make up an SUV/Jeep/Pickup Truck holster that accomplishes the above goal. Years ago, like over 40 years to be exact, one of my uncles had a holster strapped to his steering column...that's back when cars had a steering column.

Considering the problem, I'm toying with a design that would rivet to the underside of the dash...just some idle thoughts here...as of now, at least in my Ranger pickup, I wedge my open top holster down between the halves of the bench type seat. Works well and avoids all that monkey motion trying to make a draw from my usual 4 o'clock carry position.

Something similar might work on our Grand Cherokee and my Wrangler if attached (velcro maybe) between the bucket seat and the center tunnel, forward of the seat belt attach point. The downside for a commercial maker would be applicability across the many makes and models of cars & trucks.

YMMv Rod

In my pickup, I’ve got a special holster I got from Gum Creek that is specifically made for a center console. When I go on long trips, the gun that I keep in my safe goes in that holster.

During the midst of all this searching for a comfortable carry solution on my person for when I’m at work, I did put a little bit of thought to that at first about just going that route initially, instead of trying to find a comfortable carry solution that worked for both while in and out of the truck.

I may just continue carrying my Springfield the way that I have, since this new belt seems to help with its much easier adjustability, and focus on looking at ideas for mounting a holster in this semi for one of my other PX4’s that stays in my backpack- err, man purse that carries my Garmin, charge cords, Bluetooth headsets, and my other gear I use on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02452 seconds with 8 queries