View Single Post
Old June 21, 2019, 09:59 AM   #27
Grizzly2

Thanks for the suggestion.

The older 3" Bulldog went to CA 3x. The first two were for some repairs and to adjust poa/poi. The filed the left side of the front sight twice. I intend to go back and look over the targets I saved as all this adjusting progressed. I don't remember seeing any significant changes, though the light bars were opening up nicely. Any further filling thought, would have started to give too much light and would actually start hurting accuracy. For some reason CA will only file front sights. The will not open the rear and I don't know why. I had to send them a waiver before they would change the barrel. I guess occassionaly things go wrong and they wanted it on my dime since it was not of current production and was from an earlier company. All in all, I'm satisfied with what they have done. I came away with virtually a rebuild, a nice high luster blueing and so far, it hasn't shot itself loose after one box of shells as it had been doing before. I've also been given a set of rubber grips and a set of Classic grips from their used pile.

Now if only it's double action were as smooth as my old pinned K frame model 14.

Page generated in 0.02386 seconds with 8 queries