View Single Post
Old September 17, 2014, 11:17 PM   #1
Ruger9er

Feedback, Criticism, Hysterical Laughter On My Home Defense Plan?

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I had a Deputy come to the house the other day to evaluate my security. Have a security system. He said he wasn't sure their SWAT teams could get in the front door. Which realistically leaves 3 windows and the back door. He likes the back door, it's stout, but it's also our main door. One window is my bedroom, the other two feed into the same room the back door is in. So I concentrate on the farthest point, the back door, 36 feet from my room.

Here's the real issue. My wife is completely bedridden and has dementia. She is in the living room in a hospital bed - between me and the back door.

I have a Ruger SR9C and a Mossberg 12G. The Deputy's advice was keep the SR9C for fun and as a great backup, get rid of the shotgun and get a good revolver. So I bought a Ruger GP100 in .357/38. Will have that tomorrow. He thinks the possibilities are just too great to harm her with the shotgun with her being in the middle. And he likes the pickitupandshootitnow potential of the revolver versus the semi.

I would appreciate any feedback of any kind on this plan.

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries