View Single Post
Old June 20, 2009, 01:59 AM   #307
Tucker 1371

now we're nitpicking...

Quote:
His back could be turned to you and he could he holding a gun.
And some folks can draw very quickly from a "hands up" position.
For the back turned part thats why I said "and keeps it turned". Shooting a man in the back, even in Georgia, is going to be a tough one to argue. From that position I can tell whatshisname to not turn around and lie face down til the police arrive. If he even flinches in my direction it's going to be a bad night for him.

For either situation I have a lot more confidence in my ability to just pull the trigger fast enough (because in either of these two I'll already have the gun on him) that I have fear of his ability to 1) turn/draw 2) sight (maybe) 3)fire. I have one step, he's got 3, 2 at the least.

Quote:
No, I'm not suggesting that the ONLY use for firearms is self defense.
But this IS a "tactics and training" forum, not a hunting or target shooting forum.
And we are talking about the moral and ethical aspects of shooting another person.
Yes, but TFL as a whole is a firearms forum covering all aspects of firearms ownership. So, what did I say to warrant you suggesting that I shouldn't own a firearm? Simply because I have a slightly less itchy trigger finger than yours? Doesn't that seem a little backwards to you? I'd rather not shoot someone I know and I'd rather not shoot even an intruder if I can avoid it without risking my life.

WA posted this in another thread but it still applies and it's something everyone in this thread should turn over in their heads for a minute:
Quote:
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Page generated in 0.04409 seconds with 8 queries