View Single Post
Old July 24, 2018, 11:16 PM   #3
TruthTellers

Hoppe's did make a .36 Ethan Allen pepperbox, both in DAO and SAO. The DAO was a 4 shot and I've read it had issues, but the SA was a 6 shot and I haven't heard anything bad, so it must have been okay.

There's not a lot out there about the Hoppe's Ethan Allens. I've asked about them on here before, but it doesn't seem many have bothered with them.

From what I can gather, it looks like they were manufactured by Classic Arms LTD of Palmer, MA. That's just up the road from Sturbridge, which is a well known historic village, so the products that Classic Arms was making fits the motif of the area.

Classic Arms looks to be no more, I just did a check on google maps and where the company is listed appears to be car dealerships now. Classic Arms was started in the late 70s, don't know when it closed.

Apart from the Double Action, I believe all the Hoppe's percussion guns were of good quality, it's hard to mess up a smoothbore percussion gun. Next time I see a double barrel or SAO pepperbox I'm gonna be inclined to buy one to see how they do.

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries