View Single Post
Old March 25, 2018, 05:22 AM   #45
Carl the Floor Walker

One thing about my LCR9mm is the fact that I find it just darn fun to shoot. All these comments about the Polymer frame aluminum chassis, would be a bid deal for to me on my experience with say a LCP where I will not own another. I have moved on to all stainless steel with a modular grip and never looked back.
That said, the LCR is one exception. It is built like a tank. Ruger really got this one right. Proof seems to be in the Pudding as they say, and these guns can run and run. Many reports of 10,000 Plus. My LCR9mm has proven itself to be a fighter. A whole lot of ammo down range and just keeps on trucking. As One description of the gun is "The Glock of Revolvers". Maybe not pretty, but tough.
The Trigger speaks for itself and has proven to be one of the best designs to come along in decades and only gets better with time. One smooth operator baby! The comment that Ruger triggers are gritty, just tells me that the owner just does not shoot it very much as the trigger is basically self polishing.
Recoil is IMO on this gun, to be mild. The more you shoot it, the more you become accustomed to it, to the point that I feel I could shoot this gun all day.
Yes, Polymer would be a bid deal if you started seeing cracks, spits in the frame and on and on. However they designed this gun well. Obviously the stress points are not receiving the stress and not affecting the gun.
No matter how you cut it, the LCR's are built tough.
Love the fact that I can own one in 22.cal as a inexpensive trainer and just more double your fun at the range.

Ironically, a thousand rounds of American Eagle, one of my LCR9mm's favorite ammo arrived on my door step last night. I felt I could hear him just jumping around inside of the safe all last night in anticipation of devouring all of it. I will go to the range today, try and hold him back to just the customary feeding of 150-200 rounds each week.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; March 25, 2018 at 05:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.04085 seconds with 8 queries